|Bunert One Room Schoolhouse Museum|
The Warren Historical & Genealogical Society, Macomb County, Michigan
|The Bunert School Museum is located at 27900 Bunert (S. of 12 Mile Rd.) on the Warren Woods Tower High School campus
The Museum is currently closed during renovation..
|The Bunert school building was named for August and Mine Bunert, who
sold land to Warren School District No. 4 in January 1875. The
school was built later that year on the north-east corner of the
intersection of Bunert and Martin roads. When classes ceased in
1944, it was the longest serving one room school in Warren.
|In 1987 the board and batten building was donated to the Warren Historical & Genealogical Society, and then it was moved south approximately 1000
feet to its current location on the Warren Woods Tower High School property. The building was restored to its
original design. These upgrades were completed in 1994 although the upkeep is ongoing. Bunert was the District No.4 School in the area that later became the Warren Woods School District.|
|In July 2009 Holy Trinity Productions
filmed part of a made-in-Michigan movie "Leonie" the story of the older sister of St. Therese of Liseux at the Bunert Schoolhouse.